Mondays - Thursdays (8:00 am - 5:00 pm)
Department Counter is closed on Fridays and during Holidays.
Building Inspection Instructions
An inspection request must be called in at least the day before, by calling the City of Kingsburg Inspection Line at 559-897-6526. Please leave the site address, type of inspection and permit number. Building Inspections are performed Mondays through Fridays, between 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fire Inspections are performed Thursdays, between 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Building Department may be reached at 559-897-5328 Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to answer questions, discuss problems or to cancel inspections.
The general contractor/owner-builder or his duly authorized representative is responsible for verifying that all work is complete prior to requesting an inspection. Re-inspections will be made as requested after all corrections have been made, a re-inspection fee may be charged if you are not ready for a subsequent inspection. For all inspections the approved plans must be on the job site and the Permit Job Card must be posted in a conspicuous place at the job site.
- Building Permit Application
- Demolition Permit Application Requirements and Guidelines
- Permit Extension Request
- Permit Transfer Form
- Street Encroachment Permit
- Courtesy Inspection Request
- Special Inspector Registration Form
- Ladder and Roof Inspection Policy
- CO and Smoke Detector Affidavit
- Drone Inspection Program
The City of Kingsburg is excited to announce that we will be formally launching our new automated, instantaneous Solar permitting software in conjunction with SolarAPP+. This software will expedite solar permitting within the City of Kingsburg for specific residential projects that would ordinarily have gone through a plan checking process. Beginning August 7, 2023, all eligible solar projects will be required to be submitted through the SolarAPP+ platform. All contractors will be required to create an account in the SolarAPP+ system and undergo a short training to be eligible to submit. Please have your current contractor’s and City of Kingsburg license information for your registration. If you need to renew your business license, please visit the Business Registration.
Please see the Information Bulletin for SolarAPP+ regarding solar submittals for SolarAPP+. This website specifies the eligible projects for SolarApp+ submittals. Projects that do not conform to these eligibility criteria will be required to be submitted for plan check. Please reference the city’s website for submittal requirements for plan check.
- Eligibility Checklist
- Solar PV Standard Plan - Simplified Central String Inverter Systems
- Solar PV Standard Plan - Simplified Microinverter and ACM Systems
- Structural Criteria for Residential Flush
- Residential Solar Projects
- Fence Information
- Single Family Residential HVAC Compliance Fact Sheet
- Residential Electric Readiness Fact Sheet
- Work Done Without a Permit
The City of Kingsburg use these current code books:
- 2021 International Property Maintenance Code with Local Amendments
- 2022 California Residential Code
- 2022 California Administrative Code
- 2022 California Historical Building Code
- 2022 California Existing Building Code
- 2022 California Referenced Standards Code
- 2022 California Green Building Standards Code
- 2021 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code with Local Amendments
- 2022 California Building Code
- 2022 California Plumbing Code
- 2022 California Mechanical Code
- 2022 California Electrical Code
- 2022 California Energy Code
- Kingsburg Nexus Study (PDF)
- List of Requirements for a Development Project (PDF)
- 20-21 Impact Fee Report (PDF)
- 19-20 Impact Fee Report (PDF)
- 16-17 Impact Fee Report (PDF)
- 15-16 Impact Fee Report (PDF)