New Office Hours
Monday - Thursday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
We will continue to do inspections on Fridays.
Building Inspection Instructions
An Inspection request can be made by phone 24-hours a day by calling the Building Inspection Line at 559-897-6526. To schedule an inspection, you must call in your request before 4 p.m. the day before you are requesting the inspection. Inspections are performed Monday through Friday between 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Building Department may be reached at 559-897-5328 Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to answer questions, discuss problems or to cancel inspections.
The general contractor/owner-builder or his duly authorized representative is responsible for verifying that all work is complete prior to requesting an inspection. Re-inspections will be made as requested after all corrections have been made, a re-inspection fee may be charged if you are not ready for a subsequent inspection. For all inspections the approved plans must be on the job site and the Permit Job Card must be posted in a conspicuous place at the job site.
- Fence Information (PDF)
- Patio Cover Requirements (PDF)
- Swimming Pool Requirements (PDF)
- Wood Burning Fireplace Requirements (PDF)
- CO and Smoke Detector Affidavit (PDF)
- All Housing Program - County Partnership - English and Spanish
The City of Kingsburg use these current code books:
- 2019 California Building Code
- 2019 California Plumbing Code
- 2019 California Mechanical Code
- 2019 California Electrical Code
- 2019 California Energy Code