Q: What needs to be included in my protest?

(1) State that the identified property owner is in opposition to the proposed increases to the solid waste rates;

(2) Provide the location of the identified parcel (by street address or assessor’s parcel number (APN);

(3) Include the printed name and original, wet signature of the property owner submitting the protest;

(4) Date the protest was signed; and

(5) Certification by the named property owner that the contents of the protest are true and correct.


Your signed protest may also be delivered/ dropped off  in a sealed envelope and have “Attn: Protest Solid Waste Rate Increase "written on the outside in order to properly identify and account for the vote.

The  notice and protest  form will be mailed to you separately from your June utility bill. The protest forms  are due by end of the public hearing on August 3, 2022. 6pm- 1401 Draper Street -City Council Chamber. 

Show All Answers

1. Q: What is Proposition 218?
2. Q: Why are we proposing to raise the rates?
3. Q: When was the last time we raised the Solid Waste Rates?
4. Q: How can I protest the proposed rate adjustments?
5. Q: What needs to be included in my protest?
6. Q: Can I call, email, fax or zoom in my protest?
7. Q: How can I support or vote “yes” on the proposed rate adjustments?
8. Q: When will the proposed rate increases take effect?
9. Q: I heard about the proposed rate increase, but didn’t receive paperwork. How can I get a copy?
10. Q: What is the consequence if the proposed rate increases are voted down?
11. Q: How long will these rates be in effect?